March 26th, 2014
WASHINGTON (AP) â€” Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is recalling 174,000 dolls because the toy can overheat and potentially burn consumers.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday that the "My Sweet Love / My Sweet Baby Cuddle Care Baby Doll" has a circuit board in its chest that can overheat, causing the surface of the doll to get hot and burn someone.
Wal-Mart has received 12 reports of incidents, including two burns or blisters to the thumb.
Consumers should stop using the product, remove the batteries and return them to any Wal-Mart store for a refund.
Senator Alan Clark spoke to the Bismarck Business Association during its regular monthly meeting Monday at Fisherman's Grill and Pizza Shack in Bismarck. Clark gave members and guests of the association a brief backgroud of himself and his career.
In February, the Malvern Police Department received a grant from the West Central Arkansas Planning & Development District (WCAPDD) General Improvement Fund. These funds were appropriated by the 89th Arkansas General Assembly for the grant program. This program is to assist local communities with their community and economic development needs.
Tony Bill Ledbetter, 76, of Jonesboro, died Friday, March 21, 2014, at the Flo and Phil Jones Hospice House.
Catherine Aaron Lucas Hancock Spray received her promotion to go be with JESUS on Saturday, March 22, 2014 at the Malvern Hospital.
Millions of people across the globe suffer from diabetes, a term used to describe a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood pressure resulting from the bodyâ€™s cells not responding properly to insulin and/or inadequate insulin production. According to researchers at Australiaâ€™s Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, if the spread of type 2 diabetes continues at its current rate, there will be roughly 439 million adults with diabetes across the globe in the year 2030. Though some cases of diabetes cannot be prevented, a healthy lifestyle can prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes.
The first weekend of the NCAA Tournament is in the books â€” how does your bracket look?
A driverâ€™s failure to dim his bright lights led to the confiscation of four small bags of crystal methamphetamine. The driver and a passenger fled the scene on foot and at press time had not been located, according to a report from the HSC Sheriffâ€™s Office.
A devoted Christian and loving wife and mother, Christine Brown, 62, of Hot Springs Village, AR, went to her eternal home in heaven on Friday, March 21, 2014 in Hot Springs, AR.
Catherine Lucas Hancock Spray, 86, passed away on Saturday March 22, 2014.