Archive - News Article
These are just a few of the things you missed this week if you didn't pick up a Malvern Daily Record:
* Several HSC schools have a connection to NASA! See which Glen Rose teacher witnessed a shuttle launch and which Magnet Cove students are contracted for work by NASA. Also, learn when Malvern students will also begin a NASA project.
* You can now take all of your recyclables -- even electronics -- to every one of the county's nine Solid Waste Authority stations. See what qualifies as "electronics."
VIDEO OF THE DAY: 5 Super Bowl Facts That Will Change The Way You Watch
Glen Rose Beaver Grant Jones takes a shot and Bismarck Lion Chance McMullin goes up for a rebound as Glen Rose Beaver Alex Witherspoon looks on. Beavers won 59-55 in OT.
Students gathered at an assembly to hear Abby Braswell, project manager for the Malvern Middle School EAST Code Green Recycle project. She spoke to fellow classmates during the assembly to promote their new recycling initiative. (Photo by Lexi George)
Here's a brief look at what we've got planned for this week's MDR:
â€¢ Quorum court
â€¢ Armed robbery at Caddo Valley c-store
â€¢ School News
â€¢ Mystery Person & "Where's This?" contests
Didn't pick up an MDR this week?
Then you missed:
* Charges dropped to manslaughter
* Wilson basketball
* The health department gets a makeover
* Kristi Parker Norris Award winner - Terri Bryant
VIDEO OF THE DAY: 2015 'Bad Lip Readings' video spoofs NFL football stars
The latest 'Bad Lip Readings' video skewers many of the NFL's biggest stars with some unforgettable lines.
Bank of the Ozarks working on the signs at the office on East Paige Street
UPDATE: 1/24/15, 5 p.m. - Law enforcement officers reportedly have a person of interest in mind in the incident, but no arrests have been made. The soft lockdown at CMS continued until about 2:45, according to one report.
Looking back to Jan. 22, 2008
The Malvern HIgh School Marching Band participated in the Martin Luther King Parade in downtown Malvern on Main Street. Both the senior and junior basketball teams from Glen Rose had victory as well as the Malvern Lady Leopards while Malvern Leopards failed to get a win. Noted photographer Ray Scott visited Malvern and gave a program at the Malvern/Hot Spring County Library. Triple "B" Farm & Feeds had a sale on Cattle Cubes.